Subject: Emacs and snapshots (was Crashes of snapshot20040225 with Win95)
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:08:06 +0200

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:19:59 -0400, Rodrigo Medina <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Snapshot 20040225 also crashes some programs in Win95.
> GNU Chess 5.05, that works with 1.5.5-1, crashes; Xwin also crashes in the
> same function of cygwin1.dll. I report gnuchess as it is a stable, simpler
> program than XWin.

I reported here that Emacs crashes with 1.5.7 and the following
snapshots, but I also worked on Emacs for long hours without crashes.
This mail made me think. The crashes were at home where I work with
Xwin, while the long sessions were at work where I work with another
X server. I'll check it more (I can run this X server at home too),
but until all Xwin problem are cleared we should assume that Emacs
crashes because of the X server.

Ehud.

- --
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 GnuPG: 98EA398D <http://www.keyserver.net/>    Better Safe Than Sorry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/