Subject: Re: vi and cygwin
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:20:00 -0800

Totte Karlsson wrote:
> 
> my question was if vi is available under cygwin. I know about vim and about
> it's compatible option. Just curious if there is a "pure" vi available and
> it seems not to be...

Then the answer is no.  What you see with setup.exe is what you get. 
(WYSWSIWYG?)  Someone out there at some point in time might have ported
"pure" vi to compile with Cygwin but if so it's not an official package
and therefore you'd have to find/ask that person about it, not this
list.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/