Subject: Re: Pserver on cygwin corrupts binary files
From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:49:33 -0500

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:01:09 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote in
<[email-masked]>:

>On Feb 17 18:16, Alejandro Lopez-Valencia wrote:
>> Because when using textmode, cygwin changes the semantics of I/O
>> functions in the underlying C runtime. It does (and forces) EOL
>> conversion on all files read and written to the filesystem as well as
>> *sockets* and *pipes* for all applications compiled with the runtime.
>
>Nope.  Sockets reads and writes are always binary.
>
>Corinna

Thanks for ether correction. But wasn't that the case a couple of
years back?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/