Subject: Re: Problems with Emacs - Resolution(?)
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:33:32 +0200

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:31:12 +0200, Ehud Karni <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Please try the latest snapshot - cygwin1-20040214.dll . You can down
> load it from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ .
>
> I tested it with Emacs for some hours now and it seems OK (I had 1
> crash but I don't think its related). I'm trying to build Emacs from
> CVS with it now (which crashed constantly with 1.5.7 and all snapshots
> up to 20040206). I'll report the results here when it'll finish.

I'm sorry to say that cygwin1-20040214.dll has problems. Emacs has
still inconsistent behavior and unexplained crashes.

I manged to compile Emacs from CVS but when I run it, I get errors
(supposedly in lisp) that I don't get with the same Emacs and lisp
files on Linux.

This Emacs (21.3.50) also crashes much more then the distributed
Cygwin Emacs (21.2 compiled by Joe Buehler).

Ehud.

- --
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 GnuPG: 98EA398D <http://www.keyserver.net/>    Better Safe Than Sorry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/