Subject: Re: zsh-4.1.1-2 still seems broken under Cygwin-1.5.7-1 .
From: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
To: "Peter A. Castro" <[email-masked]>, Morris Siegel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:44:26 -0500

At 02:03 AM 2/12/2004, Peter A. Castro you wrote:
>On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Morris Siegel wrote:
>
>> My PC is running under Windows XP Professional, and until recently with
>> Cygwin-1.5.5-1 and zsh-4.1.1-1 .  I upgraded to Cygwin-1.5.6-1, installing
>> everything available, in particular including zsh-4.1.1-2 .  zsh behaved in
>> a buggy fashion.  I reported it; you kindly replied that similarly problems
>> had been reported by others, and that Cygwin-1.5.7-1 should fix matters.  I
>> upgraded to that, and the behavior is improved, but still buggy: (1)
>> sometimes when I start zsh it hangs, sometimes it starts normally; (2) zsh
>> command-line editing generally badly messes up the display when long command
>> lines are being edited.  I seem to recall that problem (2) was a consistent
>> nuisance a while back, but then some new Cygwin release (I don't remember
>> which) fixed it.  (I generally run zsh under screen, by the way.)
>
>cgf said in earlier email that this has been fixed in CVS and will be
>pushed into the next release.  For the moment, if you really need zsh
>(like me :), downgrade to 1.5.5 and wait for the update to appear.
>

As I mentioned before, it's better to verify that the current snapshot does
address the problem you're seeing locally.  Otherwise, if you're seeing a 
variant or something different than the rest, your problem won't be known 
until after 1.5.8 is released.  See <http://cygwin.com/snapshots/> for the
latest snapshots you can download and try.

--
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746                     

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/