Subject: zsh-4.1.1-2 still seems broken under Cygwin-1.5.7-1 .
From: "Morris Siegel" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:48:29 -0500

My PC is running under Windows XP Professional, and until recently with 
Cygwin-1.5.5-1 and zsh-4.1.1-1 .  I upgraded to Cygwin-1.5.6-1, installing 
everything available, in particular including zsh-4.1.1-2 .  zsh behaved in 
a buggy fashion.  I reported it; you kindly replied that similarly problems 
had been reported by others, and that Cygwin-1.5.7-1 should fix matters.  I 
upgraded to that, and the behavior is improved, but still buggy: (1) 
sometimes when I start zsh it hangs, sometimes it starts normally; (2) zsh 
command-line editing generally badly messes up the display when long command 
lines are being edited.  I seem to recall that problem (2) was a consistent 
nuisance a while back, but then some new Cygwin release (I don't remember 
which) fixed it.  (I generally run zsh under screen, by the way.) 

The only reason I upgraded from Cygwin-1.5.5 was to have the most up-to-date 
release; it behaved without problem for me.  Is there any way I can restore 
it? 

Thanks for your attention and reply. 

 -- Morris M. Siegel
  [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/