Subject: Re: cygwin/xfree86/emacs problems after upgrading
From: [email-masked] (Jari Aalto+mail.linux)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], "gnu.emacs.bug" <[email-masked]>, Cygwin Emacs maintainer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 11:02:31 +0200
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help

This is your copy. Article has been posted to the newsgroup(s).

* Tue 2004-02-03 Thomas L Roche <tlroche <AT> us.ibm.com> gnu.emacs.help
* <http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_umsgid=[email-masked]>
| 
| [Cygwin]
| $ emacs --debug-init &
| $ start XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -emulate3buttons
| 
| I typically run 2 emacs windows (second created with C-x 5 b) and 
| 1 xterm, all of which usually overlap ... until the emacs windows
| disappear, apparently randomly, although lately I'm convinced that 
| emacs crashes are more likely when I'm either resizing or 
| minimizing its windows. I've so far run 2 cygwin sessions today,
| once at home (with access to shared drives via a VPN) and once at
| work (directly on ethernet), and the xterm traces have been:

You're not alone. Windowed version of Emacs doesn't work under latest
Cygwin/Xfree. It either core dumps or Emacs just kills itself by
removing all frames from the display.

Perhaps Cygwin Emacs maintainer have ideas. I've CC'd him.

Jari

-- 
http://tiny-tools.sourceforge.net/
Swatch @time   http://www.mir.com.my/iTime/itime.htm
               http://www.ryanthiessen.com/swatch/resources.htm
Use Licenses!  http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6225
Which Licence? http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=4825
OSI Licences   http://www.opensource.org/licenses/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/