Subject: Re: Re: terminal size problems
From: Harold Levy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Harold Levy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:19:13 -0800

> > Ah, things work with telnet but not rlogin ... does that hint at the
> > cause of the problem?

> I suspect there's some difference in the environment that is either
> propagated from the local machine or set via the shell startup files.  Try
> checking the value of $TERM in both cases.

$TERM is fine, but I found that forcing an eval `resize` on the remote
side gets things to work.  I'm still confused about why this is neccessary
for cygwin (I tried the latest snapshot as Brian suggested to no avail).
Also the difference between telnet and rlogin behavior seems unexpected
to me.  In any case, I'm happy as a clam now ... thanks for the help :)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/