Subject: Re: Signal handling problem in 1.5.7 ? - Was: Re: Program randomly hangs.....
From: Michael Haubenwallner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:23:16 +0100

> As for "processes" thats another issue altogether.

Hi,

as i've not found a question for a not so huge test-case,
here's a smaller one, hoping to show the same problem:

I'm using make (not dmake) with SHELL=/bin/sh to build my project,
and it also died unexpectedly on different locations.

So i've attached an extract of my Makefile, where i got the problem.
I did this on a Windows Server 2003, so you might have to change each
"CYGWIN_NT-5.2" in the Makefile to match your `uname`.

When starting make in a loop, i get this output with different numbers
of done-lines in subsequent runs of the loop:

*bash-2.05b$ while make -f Makefile ; do true ; done  *
testing uname ...done
testing uname ...make: *** [testuname] Error 128
bash-2.05b$

When i tried strace to track down the problem, i could not await to
get the error using following command, so i think this might be a
timing-problem:

*bash-2.05b: while strace -o strace.out make -f Makefile ; do rm 
strace.out ; done   *

But then, i switched to SHELL=/bin/bash in the Makefile,
the error did not occur any more.
So, softlinking /bin/bash to /bin/sh did help for now.

Another note: i was one of the unlucky fellows, which got 1.5.6,
and when i saw this problem there first, i immediately switched
back to 1.5.5 being in hurry to get up, but now i'm on 1.5.7.

In the hope to being able to help,
   Michael
-- 
Michael Haubenwallner                    SALOMON Automation GmbH
Forschung & Entwicklung                  A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
mailto:[email-masked]  http://www.salomon.at
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/