Subject: RE: Reinstalling Cygwin
From: "Dave Korn" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Cygwin Mailing list'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Charles Plager'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:57:08 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Charles Plager
> Sent: 30 January 2004 18:44

> 	Since I've *really* messed up my cygwin installation, I 
> deleted the directory and the registry keys (a bit rash) and 
> want to install it again.  The problem seems to be that it 
> always seems to "remember" my installation.  Do you know what 
> I need to do so that it doesn't know about any previous 
> installations and installs as if it was never there before?

  Yep.  That is indeed the persistent state I was referring to.  When you
run the cygwin setup package, it asks you to select a "Local package
directory", in the step just after choosing where you want cygwin installed.
That's the place where it's keeping the details of your previous
installation.  Nuke it and start over.

  For more info about the setup utility, see
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html

    cheers, 
      DaveK
-- 
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/