Subject: Re: run programs typed under cygwin under W2K
From: "Alejandro Lopez-Valencia" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:30:33 -0500

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:15:16 +0100, Skippy the Kangoo  
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski a écrit :
>
> J'ai lu sur Internet que l'on pouvait faire tourner un programme sous  
> windows compiler sous cygwin, mais je n'ai plus l'adresse et je ne  
> connais pas non plus  la methode a adopter
>

My French writing and speaking is not what it used to, but thanks God for  
rhe reading :-) Besides, this is an English speaking mailing list.

You can certainly use Cygwin's GNU gcc and GNU binutils ports to create  
native Win32 executables instead of MS's propietary compilers, by using  
the "-mno-cygwin" option and the w32api libraries included in the  
distribution.

But... If you are not familiar with Unix style toolchains, I believe you'd  
have a better chance of success with Mingw's win32 native port of GNU gcc  
and GNU binutils (http://mingw.org/) combined with an MSVC style IDE such  
as Dev-C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/). As a matter of fact Mingw and  
Cygwin win32 native compilers share a common develpment tree.

Cheers

-- 
乾坤一滴
kenkon itteki
python -c "print '64726164756c406574622e6e65742e636f'.decode('hex')"  to  
reach and touch.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/