Subject: Re: error 1062 when starting distccd
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Christian <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:41:28 +0100

Hallo Christian,

[distcc as service fails]

> I have read the docu and think, that i've installed the distccd-service
> in the right way.

> When starting the service with "cygrunsrv.exe -S distccd", the log says:
> PID 672 : starting service `distccd' failed: execv: 0, No error.

What is in the Windows eventlog?  Is there a special error log?
'Failed: no error' is not a very descriptive error message.

> When starting with "/etc/rc.d/init.d/distccd start" it says:
> PID 2588 : (dcc_setup_daemon_path) daemon's PATH is 
> /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/nls:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/nls/ENGLISH:/cygdrive/c/gnupg:
> /cygdrive/c/Programme/NMapWin/bin:Z:.:/usr/X11R6/bin.
> PID 2588 : (dcc_listen_by_addr) listening on 0.0.0.0:3632.
> PID 2588 : (dcc_standalone_server) 1 CPU online on this server.
> PID 2588 : (dcc_standalone_server) allowing up to 3 active jobs.
> PID 2528 : (dcc_log_daemon_started) preforking daemon started (2.12 
> i686-pc-cygwin, built Dec 23 2003 22:30:33).

> I think, thats fine.

In your previous mail you stated that you thought that it was not
working, so does it work at all now?

> Whats wrong when starting distccd with cygrunsrv?

I cannot read your logfiles, what are the error messages in the log?  In
the Eventlog?  How did you install it to run as service?  I guess that
it was not correct what you did, but I don't know unless you tell us
what and how you did to install it.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/