Subject: wget FTP wildcards
From: Václav Krpec <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:36:22 +0100

Hi,

I have trouble using wildcards in wget FTP connections.
wget doesn't treat `*' and `?' as wildcards but ordinary
characters, so the connection results in something like this:

$ wget -e ftp_proxy=192.168.35.1:3128 ftp://ftp.fit.vutbr.cz/pub/XFree86/4.3.0/
source/*
Warning: wildcards not supported in HTTP.
--11:16:34--  ftp://ftp.fit.vutbr.cz/pub/XFree86/4.3.0/source/*
           => `*'
Connecting to 192.168.35.1:3128... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
11:16:54 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Note that I use FTP proxy server (firewall), I run CygWin over
M$ Win2000Pro and this problem occurs using both wget from
CygWin installation and M$ Win wget binary I downloaded separately,
and also running from GygWin bash or M$ Win cmdline.

Thanks for any help, regards

-- 
  vencík <[email-masked]>
         <[email-masked]>

  http://www.razdva.cz/vencik/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/