Subject: Re: running the latest cygwin on a windows 2003 server
From: Stefan Zachow <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:33:30 +0100

Further info...

>>'mkgroup'  is strange. It seems that I cannot synchronize with
>>our network databases. A mkgroup -u -d DOMAIN gives the
>>following two lines of output:
>>
>>LookupAccountName (\\Host, Domain Admins) failed with error 1332
>>LookupAccountName (\\Host, Domain Users) failed with error 1332
>>    
>>
>
>Hmm, maybe Pierre or Corinna can voice an opinion on this one.
>
'mkpasswd -d DOMAIN'

works fine. I get the output I need.

Could anybody explain the different behaviour of
mkpasswd and mkgroup? Is it possible that the missing group
info has something to do with the problem that cygwin does
not run on my Windows 2003 Server machine or should I
open a new thread on this mkgroup problem?

   Stefan

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/