Subject: Re: man 1.5k-2 is broken
From: "Alejandro Lopez-Valencia" <[email-masked]>
To: "Cygwin List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:08:08 -0500

On Sunday, January 18, 2004 8:44 PM [GMT-5],
Larry Hall wrote:

> At 11:03 AM 1/18/2004, Alejandro Lopez-Valencia you wrote:
>> The file /usr/share/misc/man.conf specifies less flags as "-is".
>> This must be set to "-isrR" to work with groff's default tty
output
>> using SGR codes.
>
>
> If you had a /usr/share/misc/man.conf file before the install, you
> won't get an updated version from the install.  Either make the
> change manually or remove usr/share/misc/man.conf and reinstall.
> There is nothing wrong with the man tarball.

Hmmm... You are obliquely correct, of course, but your answer
presumes too much. I am reporting a package configuration bug, not
weeping for help on a "small little thing anybody should know how to
do"(tm).[1] Are you the packager maintainer? (No I am *not*
volunteering, thank you).

IMAO, the maintainer should have fixed the obvious bug (and
documented blunder!) of not using "-isrR" in man-1.5m2-1 by
modifying the postinstall script to backup the old man.conf file if
present and installing a new one with the bug fix.

[1] A registered trademark of the BOFH, or it should be.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/