Subject: Re: SSH key authentification problem
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:31:34 -0800

Marc Poppleton wrote:

> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Trying private key: /cygdrive/c/.ssh/identity
> debug1: Trying private key: /cygdrive/c/.ssh/id_rsa
> debug1: Offering public key: /cygdrive/c/.ssh/id_dsa
> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
> debug1: Next authentication method: password
> mylogin@theserver's password:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I gather the "debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password"
> line is full of precious information, but...I'm a total newbie to ssh. :(

The problem's probably on the server end.  It must be configured to
accept pubkey auth, as well as having your public key installed
properly.  You can see that the client tries pubkey but it's not
accepted.  

So, none of us are mindreaders here, and we have zero information about
the configuration details of your sshd, which isn't even running
Cygwin... So, don't don't be surprised if you are underwhelmed with
help.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/