Subject: Re: deleting a file ending with a dot
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: "'cygwin'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:47:38 -0800

Dave Korn wrote:

> > David T-G wrote:
> > >
> > > [Does anyone know why this thread is showing up in my inbox
> > instead of
> > > being properly filtered?  Has there been a list address change?]
> > >
> > Do you have your filters set to recognize both
> > [email-masked] and [email-masked]? Both
> > addresses get to this list.
> 
>   My filters failed today for just the same reason.  I've decided that
> checking for "cygwin-owner" in the From: field is probably most effective.

I find it's always much more reliable to filter on one of the mailing
list headers that the software adds.  For this list I have a rule that
checks that the "Mailing-List:" header contains "cygwin".  Some lists
use "List-ID:" or "X-Mailing-List:" so you have to look at the raw
source.  But doing it this way is very reliable, and doesn't depend on
any of the TO or CC or FROM fields which can sometimes be weird (like if
someone BCC'd the list or whatever.)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/