Subject: Thanks! ogg123.exe works!
From: "Bob Clark" <[email-masked]>
To: Ralf Habacker <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:10:07 -0600

Ralf,

I couldn't help myself. I just had to try compiling the sources that you
pointed me to before I got down to some serious exam grading.

I have to say, after reading the README.cygwin file that you recommended,
I wasn't too hopeful. The file, in its entirety was,

"README for cygwin 
=================
This source package comes from the linuxtag 2003 dvd. 

Unter cygwin this source package should be compiled and installed with 

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-dependency-tracking 
make 
make install"

This was pretty generic stuff, so I wasn't expecting what happened next:
everything compiled and made right out of the box, and ogg123 worked like
a charm!

I still have other hurdles to overcome before I'm satisfied (such as
getting gmpeg to integrate successfully with the ogg stuff), but getting
ogg123 to work had been driving me crazy for the past several days!

Thanks again for your most generous attention! That was my first post to
the cygwin mailing list. I wish that I had done it much sooner.

I'm going to repaste those websites that you pointed me to for the mailing
list archives in the hope that it will save some other souls all the
trouble that I've had with this issue. I would have never thought to look
in the kde repository for ogg vorbis stuff.

http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/libao-0.8.2.tar.bz2     
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/libvorbis-1.0_rc3.tar.bz2
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/libogg-1.0_rc3.tar.bz2  
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/vorbis-tools-1.0_rc3.tar.bz2

http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/libao-0.8.2-src.tar.bz2     
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/libvorbis-1.0_rc3-src.tar.bz2
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/libogg-1.0_rc3-src.tar.bz2  
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots/vorbis-tools-1.0_rc3-src.tar.bz2

See README.cygwin in the source archive for compiöing instructions. 

Further sources could be found on http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/download

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/