Subject: Re: MS offers "Services For Unix" free of charge
From: Laurent Vaucher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:28:49 +0100

>  Unfortunately, PMTU discovery doesn't work over avian carrier.  Sending
>out bigger and bigger packets until you find the size that makes the carrier
>choke was banned by the humane society....  But it's a good way to make
>pate....
>  
>
  It reminds me of a Calvin & Hobbes strip where Calvin and his father 
stand at one end of a bridge with a sign reading "Max. weight: 15 tons". 
So Calvin asks his father how people knew that the maximum weight 
allowable on the bridge was 15 tons. And his father replies that they 
cross the bridge with trucks each time heavier and when the bridge 
breaks, they record the weight of the last truck that crossed safely and 
rebuild the bridge identically.

  By the way, does SFU support RFC 1097 : Telnet-Subliminal-Message option ?
http://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/ftp/doc/standard/rfc/10xx/1097

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/