Subject: shortcuts on win2k
From: Steve <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:39:32 +0100

Hi;

All the cygwin user's gude had to say about symlinks is that they do not 
have all the property info that windoze shortcuts have, ......which 
doesn't bother me.

I want to use symlinks ( ln -s ) as I do in gnu/linux.

I made some today on my win2k box at work.

They worked fine in the cd command, but I could not get automcomplete to 
expand lists on the symlinks.  cygstart did not seem to work with them.

Using "ls" with a symlink only lists the symlink, the dir it points to.

Is this normal, do symlinks have less features on cygwin such that they 
are not "as good as the dir/file" being there......or am I missing 
something?

Thanks in advance

Steve

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/