Subject: cygwin/regex is non-POSIX
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:14:57 -0500

the cygwin regex is not POSIX.
backrefs are not available by default (apparently you need REG_BACKR for
that), "(a|)*" cannot be compiled because of "empty (sub)expression",
&c &c.
any plans to fix this? (e.g., by replacing it with gnu regex?)
thanks.
-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
This message is rot13 encrypted (twice!); reading it violates DMCA.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/