Subject: Filenames with spaces: very rare in Cygwin
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:29:32 -0000

In the entire Cygwin provision there are only 3 filenames containing spaces,
all under /usr/ssl/man. Up until recently, I think there was only one, being
/usr/local/ssl/man/man7/Modes\ of\ DES.7. The other two are under
/usr/local/ssl/man/man3/.
Nothing is broken, but this occurrence (just 3 in ~70,000) is possibly
sufficiently rare to maybe merit attention and amendment? To, dunno,
Modes_of_DES.7 and similar?
This might break things, in which case obviously leave as is. Sorry for
mentioning it. In any case, I ask for purely selfish reasons: the spaces
screw up an otherwise rather neat script for fiddling about with +R and +S
files when achieving a portable version of Cygwin on CD.
Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/