Subject: Re: MS offers "Services For Unix" free of charge
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:35:10 -0800

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >One thing that Cygwin does lack, and SFU has, is an NFS client :-/
> >I know that alone will probably entice me into taking a look at
> >SFU.
> 
> It would be rather interesting to add nfs to cygwin.  We could develop
> filesystem "plug-ins" which could be generalized for stuff like NFS,
> EXTFS, etc.
> 
> Didn't someone say they had a free month?  Perfect project.  :-)

Ooh, ooh!  Somebody port KDE's Kioslave feature to Cygwin.  Then I'll
finally be able to mount as a drive letter that ISO9660 image on my
remote Appletalk share that's tunneled through ssh through a http proxy
on my IP-over-carrier pigeon link.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/