Subject: Re: Building nco: changes in Cygwin break linking
From: Mark Hadfield <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:22:35 +1300

Problem solved (more or less). The error messages:

  fu000001.o(.idata$3+0xc): undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
  fu000002.o(.idata$3+0xc): undefined reference to `_libc_iname'
  etc

occur because cc is being called with the -lC switch (ie. linking
against C++ libraries!). And this occurs because of an AC_CHECK_LIB macro
in configure.in.

Read more about it in

  https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1003653&forum_id=9830

-- 
Mark Hadfield            "Ka puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tatou"
[email-masked]
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/