Subject: Re: ghostscript cygwin file loading problems ...
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:51:27 -0500

Sorry, but this is not a bug-reporting mailing list.

I've redirected this observation to the cygwin mailing list and set the
Reply-To appropriately.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:41:02AM -0500, B. Marchand wrote:
>I've encountered this issue with several programs that try to use gs to 
>load EPS files (such as xfig and xv). It seems that gs has some issues 
>with file paths that have spaces in them. So, I can't open any files 
>that are located under "Documents and Settings" because of the spaces. 
>For instance, xv simply will not load the file at all. Similarly, xfig 
>will allow me to insert the file but will not export it to any format 
>because it cannot access the file path and, hence, does not recognize 
>the file in the end. I am running version 3.5.8 at the present time. 
>Even if I manage to save the file as a *.fig, when I try to load it 
>later it says that the figure inside does not exist because it can't 
>access the file.
>
>I know it's not a problem with xv or xfig because I have no problems 
>opening and inserting jpeg images from these same directories. It only 
>happens when I try inserting EPS files.
>
>I can't tell from the archives that this issue has either been 
>documented or addressed before. Can anyone tall me if they can duplicate 
>the problem? Try going into xfig, and inserting an EPS file. Then, try 
>saving the figure and exporting it.
>
>I'm not certain if this issue has been documented in the past or not but 
>there it is. Hope that gets addressed at some point.
>
>Thank you.
>
>--B.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/