Subject: playing ogg files in cygwin
From: "Bob Clark" <[email-masked]>
To: Sven Köhler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:51:30 -0600

Sven Köhler <[email-masked]> writes:
>i also think, that cygwin doesn't have any OSS emulation, does it?

First of all, thanks for your quick reply. I doubt that cygwin has OSS
emulation.

I have an audio player that I generally am satisfied with (gqmpeg) that
I've been able to get working on cygwin. I'd like to add ogg support to
it, which it presently doesn't have.

I know that someone has been able to get ogg files to play in cygwin, b/c
I once downloaded a cygwin-ported version of xmms that does play ogg
files. However, I don't know where I found it, and I can't find it in the
mailing list archives anymore.

My present strategy is to download the various source files and try to
figure out how (and if) xmms manages to play ogg files w/o the ogg123
player.

By the way, mpg123 works fine on cygwin, so there must be a reasonable way
for command line audio players to find the audio device (I'll study the
mpg123 sources as well).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/