Subject: Re: package maintainer
From: Sven Köhler <[email-masked]>
To: Bob Clark <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:03:17 +0100

> I saw in the cygwin archives that you wanted to maintain (among other
> things) libao libogg libvorbis vorbis-tools for cygwin.

I'd love to, but i'm still to stupid to create shared libraries with cygwin.

> I assume that means that you've gotten these packages up and running on
> the cygwin environment. If so, do you have your work posted on an ftp site?

well, i compiled them, and they work great with mplayer - although they 
are statically compiled into mplayer because i wasn't abled to create 
shared libs yet. Gerrit Haase already gave me some hints, but i'm no C 
programmer and i don't know much about autoconf and automake - at least 
not enough to create shared libs.

> I've gotten these packages to compile and run myself, but I cannot get
> ogg123 to find the output device to play the ogg files.
> 
> Specifically, ogg123 complains that "No such device oss."

i think i didn't try ogg123 yet. i couldn't find any ogg123.exe to test 
it. i think configure decided not to build it.
i also think, that cygwin doesn't have any OSS emulation, does it?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/