Subject: Re: A month worth of developers time available for cygwin.
From: "Patrick J. LoPresti" <[email-masked]>
To: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 12 Jan 2004 16:19:36 -0500

Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> writes:

> Otherwise, I can't think of a specific thing to point at and say
> "Work on that".  Maybe serial support?

What about fixing the "Cygwin deadlocks due to broken select() when
writing to pipes" bug?

  http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg01807.html

This has been biting us here, especially when using rsync over ssh,
and I do not think we are alone.

This is a clear deficiency in Cygwin, although not trivial to fix
(especially using documented Win32 pipe interfaces) or we would have
fixed it ourselves.

 - Pat

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/