Subject: Re: dig on cygwin
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:47:09 -0800

Steve wrote:

> I noticed that dig was not in my cygwin at work ( win2k box ).
> 
> I didn't see it on the page brought up on the "software" link on the
> cygwin web site.
> 
> Googling around I saw a windows port that looked a bit different.  I
> also found some *old* usenet posts about having to compile it yourself.
> 
> I just learned about this tool.
> 
> Before I use the other options above I thought I would ask if dig is in
> cygwin but rolled into another package under another name.

I don't belive dig is included in any Cygwin package.  But ISC BIND
supports windows and one of the downloads you can get is the set of
command-line tools, which includes dig.  So just install that somewhere
in the path and you're good to go.  At least that's what I do.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/