Subject: Re: Compiling Linux Kernel yields Error 255
From: "Ashwin Bihari" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:31:25 -0500

>In exactly what way didn't the "things that worked for others" work for
>you?  Does the 'xargs' command help?  Please let the list know what you've
>tried (preferably with exact command lines and error messages).  Do they
>work if you run the expanded command from a shell script?

The expanded command list did work on the shell script and also the command 
prompt. I didn't try xargs, didn't find any reference to that.

>FYI, you can also shorten the parameter list *a lot* by using either a
>symlink from the root directory or a mount to remove the prefix paths
>(e.g., "ln -s /cygdrive/d/Tools/linux-2.4.20/include /li").
>	Igor

This is what I tried with the mount command and it worked like a charm. 
Thank you very much.

~ Ashwin

_________________________________________________________________
Expand your wine savvy — and get some great new recipes — at MSN Wine. 
http://wine.msn.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/