Subject: Re: control-spacebar
From: "H. James de St. Germain" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:03:09 -0700 (MST)

To follow up on using rxvt:

I have changed by cygwin.bat to have

  rxvt -e tcsh -l   

as the final line. (Yes I (currently) like some of the old tcsh
properties over bash (though I've used both over time))  (But
doesn't everyone just work in emacs anyway?)

Then when you start cygwin, it pops up an rxvt terminal for you.

NOTE: in the past I have had 

  setenv CYGWIN "tty" 

in my resource file (.tcshrc) and this causes the rxvt to core dump
upon exit.  Removing this line seems to have fixed the problem.

Now the only problem I have is that rxvt thinks its an X window
so I have to type "emacs -nw" everytime... not a big deal.

Again, my thanks to Igor and the user/developer community for
supporting all of us.

cheers
  jim

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/