Subject: MySQL 4.0.17 available for testing
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:15:17 +0100

Hallo,

finally the MySQL Server is running on Cygwin.

I cannot say what was the problem with previous Cygwin or MySQL
versions, I just know it is running stable now;)

Please fetch a copy here if you want to test it:
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin-1.5/mysql/

There are several tarballs, one is the patch needed to build from
source with shared client libraries:
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin-1.5/mysql/mysql-4.0.17.diff.bz2

Then a tarball which was created with the make_binary_dist script, the
content from this package extracts to its own subdirectory so you can
unpack it everywhere, or move around the tree after unpacking:
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin-1.5/mysql/mysql-4.0.17-pc-cygwin-i686-1.tar.bz2

There are some docs in the top directory about setting up a database
server and the manual is in the docs directory, be sure to read all
the docs before asking me why it is not working for you;)

The source package I used (identical content as the original from any
mysql.com mirror, just uncompressed and recompressed with bzip2 which
saved 3MB space): http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.0.html
(Please save my bandwidth and fetch the original sources from one of
the mysql.com mirrors: http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mirrors.html

To rebuild yourself from source see the README at my side which shows
how I configured the source.

I found very useful to examine the database with the MySQL Control
Center (the Windows version), go and fetch the latest version here:
http://www.mysql.com/products/mysqlcc/index.html 

Have fun,
Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/