Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.48 installation
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Marcus Vinicius Ferreira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 03:44:47 +0100

"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:
> 
> The Makefiles need to be modified, look for the install targets, they
> do things like: `cp httpd /target/path/httpd' which doesn't work
> without patched versions of the fileutils.  Change the Makefiles to
> include the suffixes (`cp httpd.exe /target/path/httpd.exe').

yep, Gerrit is right here. 

This is an "old burden" in the Apache distros. Actually I couldn't
convince the ASF to modify the install.sh script to detect if
executables are .exe extendable. But that's an long story.

I'll check this while I'm on the way to package the Apache2 series for
net distro.

Stipe

mailto:[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

phone: +49.211.74845.0
fax: +49.211.74845.299

mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.wapme-systems.de/
-------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/