Subject: RE: ImageMagick packaging problem
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 04:39:50 -0000

This is not an answer to the problem posted, but it reminds me to ask as to
where can a version of ImageMagick for cygwin is available for download ?

Thanks,

Koundinya

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Arnold [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 9:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ImageMagick packaging problem

I just downloaded and installed teh ImageMagick package. It installed 
fine, but when I tried to rung one of the command line tools such as 
identify or convert, it complained it could not find the configuration 
files in /usr/lib/ImageMagick.5.5.7 and on checking this directory does 
not exist. The readme for this package indicates this directiry tree 
should be included included in this package.

I eventually discovered the libMagick-devel package which does include 
the above directory path.

It seems to me that the pathe for the config files should either be 
included in the main package or the devel package should be a dependency 
of the main packge.

Regards,
Tony.

P.S., Please cc me in replies as I do not subscribe to this list.
-- 
Tony Arnold, Deputy to the Head of COS Division, Manchester Computing,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.
T: +44 (0)161 275 6093, F: +44 (0)870 136 1004, M: +44 (0)773 330 0039
E-mail: [email-masked], Home: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/