Subject: OLOCA
From: Nicholas Bodley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:19:31 -0500

Delightful collection!

I don't think your acronym list should have any that haven't appeared, 
but...

LLLL: Life's Little Lessons Learned. (Also L^4)

We who say that acronyms are acronyms only if you can pronounce them 
(i.e., RADAR, SONAR, LORAN, etc.) are fighting a losing battle. There just 
doesn't seem to be an equally-catchy word to describe the likes of VM and 
FTP; even Richard Lederer could only come up with "initialism" for the 
more-general case.

Fwiw, I just installed Cygwin (98 SE), and [less] complains of a missing 
.dll and won't run. (However, IIRC, the Pause key works! Fantastic!) I'm 
temporarily distracted from going to the FAQ; that's my next place to go.

What you folk are doing is quite interesting; reminds me of loopback and 
UMSDOS, but doesn't seem to be either.

NNTR

Here's wishing you a bright and shiny New Year, but if you prefer a matte 
finish, by all means may have that, instead.

-- 
Nicholas Bodley <#o#> Waltham, Mass.
<[email-masked]>
Using Opera browser 7.5 Build 3498

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/