Subject: Problem compiling cygwin1.dll from CVS
From: Nuno Ferreira <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:49:17 +0000

Hi,
while trying to find a problem with an application I'm using (that by
the way was corrected by yesterday's snapshot) I tried to compile the
DLL from CVS and it failed with this error:
c++ -L/usr/src/build-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup -L/usr/src/build-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin -L/usr/src/build-
cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib -isystem /usr/src/cygwin/winsup/include -isystem /usr/src/cygwin/winsup/cygwin/i
nclude -isystem /usr/src/cygwin/winsup/w32api/include -B/usr/src/build-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/ -isystem /usr/src/b
uild-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/targ-include -isystem /usr/src/cygwin/newlib/libc/include -g -O2 -nostdlib -Wl,-T../..
/../../cygwin/winsup/cygwin/cygwin.sc -Wl,--out-implib,cygdll.a -shared -o cygwin0.dll \
-e _dll_entry@12 cygwin.def assert.o autoload.o bsdlib.o cxx.o cygheap.o cygthread.o cygtls.o dcrt0.o debug.o delqueue.o
 devices.o dir.o dlfcn.o dll_init.o dtable.o environ.o errno.o exceptions.o exec.o external.o fcntl.o fhandler.o fhandle
r_clipboard.o fhandler_console.o fhandler_disk_file.o fhandler_dsp.o fhandler_fifo.o fhandler_floppy.o fhandler_mem.o fh
andler_nodevice.o fhandler_proc.o fhandler_process.o fhandler_random.o fhandler_raw.o fhandler_registry.o fhandler_seria
l.o fhandler_socket.o fhandler_tape.o fhandler_termios.o fhandler_tty.o fhandler_virtual.o fhandler_windows.o fhandler_z
ero.o flock.o fnmatch.o fork.o getopt.o glob.o grp.o heap.o init.o ioctl.o ipc.o iruserok.o localtime.o malloc_wrapper.o
 miscfuncs.o mmap.o msg.o net.o netdb.o ntea.o passwd.o path.o pinfo.o pipe.o poll.o pthread.o regcomp.o regerror.o rege
xec.o regfree.o registry.o resource.o scandir.o sched.o sec_acl.o sec_helper.o security.o select.o sem.o shared.o shm.o
sigfe.o signal.o sigproc.o smallprint.o spawn.o strace.o strsep.o sync.o syscalls.o sysconf.o syslog.o termios.o thread.
o times.o tty.o uinfo.o uname.o v8_regexp.o v8_regerror.o v8_regsub.o wait.o wincap.o window.o setjmp.o /usr/src/build-c
ygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/libiberty/random.o /usr/src/build-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/libiberty/strsignal.o malloc.o  version.o w
inver.o \
 /usr/src/build-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygserver/libcygserver.a /usr/src/build-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/libm/l
ibm.a /usr/src/build-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/libc/libc.a \
-lgcc /usr/src/build-cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib/libkernel32.a
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.1/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cygwin.def:4: parse error
make[2]: *** [cygwin0.dll] Error 1

The created cygwin.def follows, do you have any ideia what can cause
this problem?

Also, I am experiencing some major memory leaks using the application,
the same application runs flawlessly in linux, does anyone know any tool
(something similar to valgrind) I can use to track the leaks under
cygwin?

Thank you
--
Nuno

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/