Subject: Re: Unable to compile cygwin
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:57:51 -0500

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 11:13:00PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>I believe that the latest snapshot is "as secure as Windows" in the case
>where the only Cygwin processes are logged in using Terminal Services
>on Windows 2003 or Windows 2000 sp4, and do not have the "Create Global
>Object" privilege (please don't laugh, that's an achievement).
>That is, if such a user runs cygwin compiled programs under a cygwin shell,
>he is no more exposed and has no more power that if running regular Windows 
>programs under cmd.exe

There are still other holes.

However, while I understand that there is no real security in security
through obscurity, I don't think it is useful to discuss all of the
specific holes we know of in a public list.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/