Subject: Re: How to make Cygwin map backspace to ASCII DEL?
From: Hannu Koivisto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:32:52 +0200

Igor Pechtchanski <[email-masked]> writes:

> "man stty"

I'm well aware of the stty program.  I was going to add "please,
don't suggest stty" to my original mail, but thought it might be
somewhat impolite.

If you are trying to imply that 'stty erase $(tput kbs)' (where
tput kbs outputs ASCII DEL) would do what I want, you must have
misread the question.  It doesn't and I think it shouldn't.  Or is
there some Cygwin specific extension in the stty program that does
what I want?  I don't see anything in stty(1).

-- 
Hannu

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/