Subject: How to make Cygwin map backspace to ASCII DEL?
From: Hannu Koivisto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:15:31 +0200

Greetings,

I just upgraded all Cygwin packages to their latest versions.
Although I don't use Cygwin a lot, I'm fairly sure that I would
have noticed if backspace in an ordinary Windows console window had
ended up as ^H to a Cygwin application (zsh in this case) running
in that console window, which is what happens now.

Anyway, whatever the old behaviour was, I want backspace to
generate ASCII DEL (^?) and not ^H --- how can I make Cygwin do
that?

-- 
Hannu

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/