Subject: permission denied for Remsh on Windows 2000 Server
From: Amit RATHEE <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Amit RATHEE'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:44:34 +0530

Hi,

I have a domain with many users and I try to enumerate the userid .It comes
out to be 193456 by cygwin.Now I delete the entries from passwd file and
make the UID very short i.e. 19 and when I log in as user it shows me the
correct user name i.e it recognises the user which it was not doing
earlier.But now with this user if try to login from a remote unix server
with same name and entries made in .rhosts file , it gives me an erro
"PERMISSION DENIED".

Everything works well if I do the same above activities with the uid less
than the 65356 no. generated by cygwin.

Any help as soon as possible is appreciable

With Warm Regards,
Amit 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/