Subject: Re: snapshot cygwin1-20031212.dll.bz2
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:46:57 -0500

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:47:54PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 04:10:52PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 12:19:04PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>>>I installed the latest snapshot cygwin1-20031214.dll.bz2:
>>>
>>>$ uname -a
>>>CYGWIN_NT-5.0 test 1.5.6s(0.107/3/2) 20031214 23:18:27 i686 unknown unknown
>>>Cygwin
>>>
>>>I am still seeing a stackdump from rsync.
>>>
>>>Does the output from this strace help identify the problem ????
>>
>>Unfortunately, no it doesn't.
>>
>>Can you post the stack dump file you received when running the most
>>recent snapshot?  Please also include the uname -a output from the
>>snapshot.
>
>Ping?  I'd really like to get this fixed.

I can't remember.  Did I mention that I'd like to fix this so that maybe
I could make a 1.5.6 release?  As usual, I can't duplicate this on any
of the three systems that I've tried it on.  I've tried it on Windows
XP, Windows 2003, and Windows 2000 and that snapshot works fine.

But, then it's been theorized that I am rather incompetent about testing
these things, preferring to test in a magical "It always works" type of
environment that is loaded with super special software.  That's why
I need something like the stack dump from normal folks who don't have
access to all of my whiz bang cygwin spy gadgets and such.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/