Subject: Re: Third-party products that include cygwin
From: Steven Elliot Harris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:49:15 -0800

Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think this is how the BitKeeper folks do it, too, FWIW.

For the record, I'm pretty sure they've recently decided to stop doing
this, per this message¹ from Larry McVoy. Note the third paragraph
regarding "future directions." It sounds like they'll play nice
alongside Cygwin, but not be built on top of it.

The last time I tried to install BitKeeper (around October 2003), it
trashed my Cygwin mounts even though I told the installer not to touch
my Cygwin setup, and even then BitKeeper wouldn't run without
crashing. Apparently it wasn't (re)built to handle Cygwin
1.5.x. Sadly, as a result, I've been without BitKeeper on my new
computer.

Footnotes: 
¹ http://www.bitmover.com/pipermail/bitkeeper-users/2003-October/001025.html

-- 
Steven E. Harris

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/