Subject: Re: configure error message
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: linda w <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 07:35:17 +0100

Hallo linda,

Am Samstag, 6. Dezember 2003 um 23:15 schriebst du:

> I'm guessing I don't have something setup quite correctly.  I'm trying 
> to build the dictd package under cygwin.

There are problems with fork() in this code, I was not able to run
dictd as a daemon.

> it uses configure, but configure starts out with an error.

> checking host system type...
>  Invalid configuration `i686-pc-cygwin': system `cygwin' not recognized
> ---

>     Is this something I should fix before attempting to debug later 
> problems?

Try to update the autotools used in the package (config.sub,
config.guess, ...).

>     Seems, looking at files like 'config.sub', that it knows about 
> i[345]86, but not 686's....
> Strange.  I've never written anything using config/autoconf, only 
> compiled things...never seen this type of error before.

Maybe `autoreconf --install --force --verbose' works?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/