Subject: Re: lack of libgen.h in Cygwin (dirname+basename). Solved?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Luis Torres" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 07:32:12 +0100

Hallo Luis,

Am Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2003 um 14:38 schriebst du:

> Hi,

> I just followed some threads here and understood the code exists
> already and would be included in version 1.5.x, the question being
> where to place it (libgen.h ...). Then the thread is broken, and
> other higher priority tasks probably came into the way... (this is
> not a complain ...)  

> So, this is addressed to the developers: I would be happy to get a
> workaround (that is something like dirname.c, basename.c, I could
> link to the public domain code I need to compile).  I would be very
> grateful if I could get those, while some more robust solution is
> being worked out. 

Just a workaround, but there are full versions of basename and
dirname: http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/cygwin-1.5/libgen/ 

> I understand that the developers of the code (BHP_SU_V5.0),
> http://www.cwp.mines.edu/cwpcodes/BHP_SU/index.html would probably
> be happy to extend  support to Cygwin (only IRIX, Linux, Solaris,
> for the moment), and I could help on that.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/