Subject: Re: Cygwin Package List Web Page Suggestion
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:43:03 -0500

> * Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) <[email-masked]> [2003-12-05 13:09:43 -0500]:
>
> Often I have question about package (for example, what it requires) and must
> look up the answer in setup.ini.  If it wouldn't be too much trouble, it
> would be convenient if the mechanism that makes
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/packages/ or
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/packages/package_name would include a link
> to the setup.hint for the package.
>
> Thanks for your consideration,

Hear! Hear!
so, to be specific, it would be nice to be able to see
<http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/packages/package_name/setup.hint>
and
<http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/packages/package_name/cygwin.README>
(the latter possibly as content-type=text/html)
it might also make sense to include a link to the official package
homepage somethere...

and while you are at it, please fix the gmane link from
<http://news.gmane.org/?match=cygwin> to
<http://news.gmane.org/search.php?match=cygwin>

thanks

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Takeoffs are optional.  Landings are mandatory.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/