Subject: Re: mount points
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:21:28 -0500

> * Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]> [2003-12-04 15:37:54 +0100]:
>
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:27:14AM -0500, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> PS.  Is there a POSIX way to get the list of mount points, lime mount(1)
>>      and df(1) do?  It appears that linux has /proc/mounts and most
>>      unixes have /etc/mtab, but is there a system call?
>
> man 3 getmntent

cool - thanks!
unfortunately, this is not in POSIX
(http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/)
so this is not portable (and this just parses the mtab file,
not asks the kernel for mount points).

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Booze is the answer. I can't remember the question.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/