Subject: Re: bug in statfs
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:58:00 -0500

> * Larry Hall <[email-masked]> [2003-12-03 12:23:52 -0500]:
>
> At 12:03 PM 12/3/2003, Sam Steingold you wrote:
>>POSIX specifies struct statfs to contain slots f_frsize, f_flag,
>>f_favail, and f_namemax and to be declared in <sys/statvfs.h>:
>><http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/sys/statvfs.h.html>
>>
>>Cygwin defines struct statfs without slots f_frsize, f_flag, and
>>f_favail, and with f_namelen instead of f_namemax, in sys/vfs.h (also
>>included from sys/statfs.h) and does not come with sys/statvfs.h.

Actually, the correct way to state the issue is:

Cygwin implements obsolete calls (f)statfs()
instead of the POSIX calls (f)statvfs().

> I haven't heard of anyone suggesting that they were creating a patch
> for this.  Perhaps you want to try?

I wish I had time for this too...

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/