Subject: RE: Extremely slow transfer related to ssh
From: "Carlos Romero Mas" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:44:21 +0100

I have just discovered was my problem: the ethernet card was configured
as auto (media). When i have configured as "100 full duplex" all gone
well.

Sorry. 

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] En nombre
de Carlos Romero Mas
Enviado el: martes, 25 de noviembre de 2003 14:17
Para: [email-masked]
Asunto: Extremely slow transfer related to ssh

Since I have moved to Windows XP I am experiencing extremely slow
transfers using ssh related tools (rsync -essh, scp)

I have installed last version, searched for problems like this into the
mailing lists, and i have found:

cygwin deadlocks due to broken select() when writing to pipes
    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg01810.html

And 

Re: scp slow against cygwin sshd
    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg00311.html

Then I have run strace -m 0x00040 and it seems the problem sounds
similar to first reference: .....
  138 2579039 [main] scp 3376 readv: no need to call ready_for_read
   43 2579082 [main] scp 3376 fhandler_base::read: returning 2048,
binary mode
  139 2579221 [main] scp 3376 fhandler_base::write: binary write
   51 2579272 [main] scp 3376 fhandler_base::write: 2048 = write
(0xA041AC8, 2048)
  138 2579410 [main] scp 3376 readv: no need to call ready_for_read
   46 2579456 [main] scp 3376 fhandler_base::read: returning 2048,
binary mode
  137 2579593 [main] scp 3376 fhandler_base::write: binary write 1103362
3624741 [main] ssh 1664 dtable::select_read: /dev/tcp fd 3
  716 3625457 [main] ssh 1664 select_stuff::wait: m 2, ms 4294967295
21248331 24873788 [main] ssh 1664 dtable::select_read: /dev/tcp fd 3
   81 24873869 [main] ssh 1664 dtable::select_write: /dev/tcp fd 3
   75 24873944 [main] ssh 1664 dtable::select_read: /dev/piper fd 4
  687 24874631 [main] ssh 1664 select_stuff::wait: m 3, ms 4294967295
1622 24876253 [read_pipe] ssh 1664 fhandler_base::read: returning 16384,
binary mode 22353570 24933163 [main] scp 3376 fhandler_base::write: 2048
= write (0xA041AC8, 2048)
  253 24933416 [main] scp 3376 readv: no need to call ready_for_read
   69 24933485 [main] scp 3376 fhandler_base::read: returning 2048,
binary mode
  182 24933667 [main] scp 3376 fhandler_base::write: binary write

Thank you for this great software.

Carlos.

--
Tecnico de Sistemas
Servicio Central de Informatica
Universidad de Málaga
España

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/