Subject: Re: building cross compiler from cygwin windows to linux: crti.o no such file or directory
From: "mohanlal jangir" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:35:57 +0530

>
> oh,
> create a link file for libgcc.a to correct directory, maybe in
/usr/local/gnu/lib/gcc-3.3.1-3/gcc/
>

Thanks a lot to Qinfeng Zhang. Things are quite better now. I could build
gcc-core successfully (I did put dummy crti.o and crtn.o as you told). Later
while building glibc, I got undefined refrence to __open and many other
functions. To get rid of these errors, I reconfigured glibc
with --disable-shared (--enable-shared was giving linking problem, as I
explained). I could build glibc also. When I tried to compile my source
using newly built cross compiler, I got following error:

/usr/local/gnu/tools/host/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gn
u/3.3.1/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such
file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [a.out] Error 1

Compilation is going ok but linking is yet a problem. While building
gcc-core, I did not get any complain about crt1.o ( I got it for crti.o and
crtn.o). I tried to put a dummy crt1.o in the same directory and built glibc
again but problem still persists. Any clues?

Regards
Mohanlal

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/