Subject: Re: Perl PrivoxyWindowOpen missing?
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:23:00 -0800

Stephen Biggs wrote:
> 
> Trying to run a downloaded Perl script that I really need to have working
> and I get the following error message:
> Undefined subroutine &main::PrivoxyWindowOpen called...
> 
> This is with the latest install of everything, done today.
> 
> Is this a problem with Perl missing some library? Is there some sort of
> work around?

:-)

This is actually due to a bug/config error in Privoxy.  One of its popup
blocking filters changes all occurances of Javascript "open()" in page
sources to the one you're seeing.  Unfortunately, that action was
wrongfully applied to your URL.  I believe this selectivity has been
much improved, so you should definitely grab the latest actionsfile from
the site (or CVS.)  This doesn't have anything to do with Cygwin or
Perl, they're both innocent.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/